Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our Collective Identity

Please allow me to share my story and who knows, maybe we are more alike than you think.

Rejection. That's one of the things that scares me the most, it's what stops me from doing many things and I don't know about you but I think many of us fail to pursue something we desire strictly out of fear of failing and falling, hard.

There are times when fear has dictated my life, those times being the low times, dark times, times of uncertainty and doubt. The mind is strange, when we're high on life and everything works out it's not hard to lose track of what's real and what's an illusion. I find that when we're happy, everything works for the better but when things take a turn for the worse, that's when doubt clouds our minds, the future becomes blurry and suddenly it seems like everything is unknown to you and that light at the end of the tunnel begins to dim.

At this point, should we feel frustrated? Angry? Sad? With reason, sure of course. It's part of our human nature to experience these sorts of emotions and feelings but should we let our lives be dictated by them? No. Guaranteed, that's easier said than done but we've got to start somewhere and this RoxyDareYourself competition I've joined is exactly what I did for myself. To make myself and those around me proud. To feel like I can do it and even what's best is that through surrounding myself with poeple who believe in me, they save me from my own doubt and uncertainty.

Perhaps we deserve some things in life, perhaps others can have special treatment because of who they are, their background and perhaps because of all the bad luck we have, we may come to think that the universe is against us or that we deserve more.

Well, No.

We reap what we sow. We work hard and results will prove our worth. The universe doesn't owe us anything, instead it is up to us to get what we want in life, the experiences you want, seize it, that goal you aspire to reach, go for it. Do what it takes because that's what I'm doing now.

In all honesty, the past 2 weeks for me has been a complete emotional roller coaster. But then I joined this RoxyDareYourself competition and believe that with effort and hard work, I can win this. Competing on a regional scale with other participants from other South Asia countries, competition is crazy stiff.

I'm trying and I'm not going to stop until I've given it my all. So please vote for me, please lend me your hand of support, voting ends on April 12th and facebook only allows one vote daily per facebook account. I encourage you to vote and spread the word and in turn hope that through this post you too will try your best to go for what you want in life and create a network of people who believe in you and who would like to see you succeed.

Thank you for reading. :)

No comments: